Monday 19 November 2012

A cozy Christmas

Writing - JDM Media

It's really weird seeing Christmas decorations in the shops when it's 27 degrees outside.

The second Halloween ended, most convenience stores went on an overnight restocking rampage replacing their Halloween decorations with Santas, snowmen and Christmas trees.

Thing is, my brain has a hard time registering what's going. In my head, my expectations of Christmas weather take over my system and I actually begin to feel cold. My mind automatically associates the decorations with the environment I'm used to, and my body gives me signals.

Isn't that insane?

Other people have told me they feel this too so it's not just me. It's amazing how we can become so attached to things that our body feels what we're used to rather than what's actually around us. Sensations course through us when the catalyst is in our minds.

This phenomena reminds me of something in a book I'm reading. The Game by Neil Strauss is a personal account of a man who becomes part of a society of pickup artists. During his adventure he learns a kind of hypnosis called anchoring.

When a man is trying to seduce a woman he can attempt to anchor certain feeling to himself. For example, the man could ask the woman to describe the last time she felt attracted to someone. In doing so, she will feel the feeling as she remembers her last crush. This acts as a way to force an emotional response from the girl in his presence.

To follow up there's plenty of things you can do to reinforce that feeling and link it to yourself. You can tell the girl to channel that desire into an object then put it in her pocket. Every time she sees the object, she'll remember the feeling and the person who gave it to her. Those sneaky pickup artists. tee hee.

So to put what I'm saying about the temperature in perspective, it's supposed to be 28 degrees today and summer really only just started. We're going to end up having a barbecue for Christmas.

Today, me and Cameron are going down among the Christmas stalls and train stations to try and suck a little of Melbourne's change. I'll be playing guitar and he'll be playing harmonica. Lets hope we can get enough money for a subway!

On another note, I saw this the other day.

Business Baby
This is business baby.

Business baby was very frustrated with his mother when she wanted to put her Iphone back in her bag.

Business baby is boss, so business baby gave her a good talking to and she gave him the phone.

Business baby spent the rest of the tram ride checking his assets and discussing with various business partners an action plan to avoid losing wealth during the economic down fall.

Business baby has recently suffered loses in Rome, Madrid and Athens.

After his nap, I'm sure business baby will have the answers.

- James (I don't even get my own jokes)






No comments:

Post a Comment