Saturday 30 March 2013

The pig is dead.




 Today I took part in the butchering of a pig. Horray.

If anyone's squeamish then you probably won't want to see the rest of the pictures. Today one of the pigs in the pen became pork.

 So how did it go down. Well, first of all we lured the pig out with some carrots and when it was in position Trevor put a bullet in it's head. The shot was louder than I thought it would be, and the pig spasmed for a few minutes after. It was strange to look at. I've never seen an animal that pig die before. It made me think about my own death and I wondered if I would spasm like that after being shot in the head.

Anyway, when the beast finally died we tied him by his back legs and hung him up. Trevor slit his throat to let him bleed then we put the body in boiling water. We then shaved the body bald and started the cutting process.

First of all we had to slit it down the middle so all the organs could fall out. Most of it was intestine. I was surprised how small all the other organs were. Pigs are mainly stomach I suppose.

I learned that pigs have an organ anatomy closest to humans in the animal kingdom. That was a interesting fact to learn as the pigs guts spilled out before me. I must look something like that on the inside.

Once we'd managed to cut off the head and cut it in half we moved on to slice it and put it in the freezer. Once that was done Kira-J wanted the skull for her project, for we started that.




Here are the pictures:





Me eating tongue

Now, I got some great shots and am a big fan of the Walking Dead. So I was inspired to make some posters. Here they are!




We ate him for dinner.

- James





No comments:

Post a Comment