Sunday 17 March 2013

Tree chickens and the weekend

Tree Chicken

Two days ago some wild dogs broke into the chicken pen and took out half the chickens. Turns out chickens are blind during the night so they didn't even put up a fight. There are only nine left which means less eggs. 

And less eggs means less omelettes. A major disappointment. Not for the pigs though

Why? Well, Saturday we were supposed to kill the pigs and get them ready to become pork. But the whole half the chickens were killed dealio postponed the pigs fate. Their death remains imminent however. But I did get a picture. 

Greedy Piggies
I've been fattening them up. I don't really know how I'm going to react to killing them. I've never seen something this big killed before. Guess I'll find out. 

In other news there are so many spiders around here I mistake sweat dripping down my arm as creepy crawlies. I took some pictures today. I'm gonna go back out when It's rained and when It's darker so the flash makes the webs shimmer. This is what I got for now though. 






Also, I have some new pets. I have a pet rhino beetle called Jeremy and a Cow vertebrae called Cev (pronounced Kev). I'll be sure to have a photo shoot before next post.   

- James

No comments:

Post a Comment