Sunday 28 April 2013

My Voodoo Van

The Moon
So I've been wondering for a few days why my van is so cheap.

I was worried that maybe there was something wrong with the engine, but the only thing thats happened so far is the battery has gone flat. Thats easy to fix though, so no biggy. A few rides around and I'm starting to think that maybe I got lucky.

So today, extremely happy with my purchase I started going through, cleaning it out and taking an inventory of all the items. In there I found everything I'll ever need camping. I have pots pans, knives, forks, plates, tools, torches, hot plates, propane, spare parts, a music player, the list goes on.

Ma stooff
The inside was clean too.

So why the phoque was it only $1500. Is it some kind of miracle, sent from the gods to push me on my way. Is, for once, absolutely nothing going to go wrong. Something always goes wrong. Why is she so cheap?

Well, I'll tell you why. It's because of this.

CRAZY VOODOO DOLLS

That's right, part of my inventory is the previous owners and they've been turned into voodoo dolls. This van is a crazy voodoo van that turns the previous owners into little dolls to travel in the back forever and ever and ever. 

And that's the price I have to pay for a cheap mini van, $1500 and my soul. Anyway the dolls came with a notes in some mysterious incomprehensible language which turned out to be German. Luckily I made two German friends the week before and Olivia helped me out. 

'sorrow-dolls' from Guatemala.
People say the children from Guatemala tell the dolls their worries/sorrow before they go to bed. Only one problem per doll. Then they put it underneath  their pillow. By the time they wake up the next morning all the worries are gone. 
I'll be riding worry free.

- James


No comments:

Post a Comment