Thursday 18 April 2013

Bartholomew the Corella


DISCLAIMER: I may or may not have taken the following pictures of myself

Yesterday, we were feeding the Corellas that come to the front of the house every evening. I've renamed them pussy-birds because they are the biggest pussies in the world. They come down for a feed but if you so much as looked badly they'll fly away back to the trees and yell at you. 

They're rude too. They'll beat up other birds for feed. Assholes.

All except Bartholomew of course. As they say regularly in this country, Bartholomew is a good c*nt. 

Here are some pictures of me taming a wild bird. 




Inspiring. Anyway you know what else I found out today. In Australia kids still get the cane at school.

Yeh I know, wtf is with that. I know in this country they are a little behind on some things but to me getting the cane at school is ancient history. It's okay though, cause parents have to sign a paper before the schools allowed to beat their children. So that's a positive.

One of the kids that will enter this brutal, salts of the earth system is Kya. She's one and a half. She'll have a brother in the next few weeks.

Kya fits in here because she was the one who ran up to the bird and started trying to pat it. When we saw it wasn't scared of her we moved in. Then Kira-J got hold of my camera and wouldn't stop taking pictures. Here's a little gallery for you, internet.





 - James

No comments:

Post a Comment