Monday 22 April 2013

James McCafferty - Home Owner




I, James McCafferty, have officially purchased my first home. There she is above, isn't she a beauty. 

This morning one of my hosts found the ad on Gumtree for a  camper van. "Thought you'd be interested," said my host very Australianly. 

 Well, I was. So I called the guy and I was all like, "Your van still available?" and he was all like, "Yeh." Then I was like, "When can I see it?" and he was all like "whenever."

So at lunch I rolled into Darwin and took a look. I saw it right away I knew it had everything. 

Doors
Wheels
Mirrors










Locks
This fence stuff
A smiley face air fresher 

Lights
And so a little negotiation, a test drive and $1500 later I was taking home her home. If she runs for more than a month a $1500 camper van is a steal on the market. So right now I consider myself lucky. 

This also marks one of my goals on my Australia bucket list. I've bought a camper van, so now all I have to do before leaving is get out of this country with more money than I came with. It's doable especially with a van. 




I had some other stuff to say, but game of thrones is on soon so I'm just gonna let you bask in the glory of my vans pictures. Soon she will be named. But her name must be earned first. 

- James

No comments:

Post a Comment