Thursday 3 January 2013

Back to business - The Christmas post

Estelle and Andreanne prepare the Christmas napkins - JDM Media
It's 11:45, January 4th 2013 and I think I can say I'm fully recovered from the Christmas and New Years festivities.

A week and a half of constant partying between work have made me a little behind on a lot of things, including this blog. But that doesn't matter, because now I've got some good stories out of it.

So much has happened I've got to split this post into multiple posts over the next few days. So lets start at the beginning. Christmas.
Eric thinks of Christmas
Our Christmas tree
Christmas was a Jolly time full laughter and fun and Santa. It was my first orphan Christmas, where me and many of my friend had no family to celebrate the season with. So we were all each others family and in some ways it was the best Christmas ever. We got up between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. We drunk the goon and beer my Mum sent over to me and we gave each other gifts from our house hold secret Santa. Good times.


Santa came to visit too, although he wasn't as jolly, fat or generous as I remember him being. He didn't have a sleigh, and there wasn't once a jingle of bells the entire time he was around.
Santa Claus is coming to your house
Santa Claus is photobombing your pictures
Santa Claus is having more fun with you then
you ever will with him





 Although Santa wasn't his traditional self, he did add a little bit of personality to the festivities. Some might say Santa was the party, others might say Santa added an inappropriate element to the fun that we could have better done without. Either way he was there, and he wan't going away.

Christmas bread (It's a Quebec thing)



Santa Claus is licking your face














My contribution to Christmas
Andreanne makes a weird Quebec
break no one has ever heard of
before
Christmas is nothing without a meal, and what a meal we had. Everyone in the house was given the task to prepare their own course. I made pigs wrapped in blankets inside Yorkshire puddings covered in cheese and gravy. I thought that would beat everyone, but I was wrong. Dylan and Sonia bought three cakes and a ham marinated in Maple Syrup. It made the Christmas.

The Ham
Later on in the day, everyone else came over. There was Eva and her friend. Actually that was everyone else. I already mentioned Sonia and Dylan. Hooray.

Basically our activities consisted of getting drunk and eating so much food we couldn't move anymore. It was the way Christmas should be. Christmas is supposed to be about family and lazing around doing nothing. I've never had more of a family outside of my own than I do here, and I succeeded in doing absolutely nothing all day. Sure I cooked, but waiting for sausages to be warm enough to eat in the oven is hardly doing something.

Estelle and I, happy on Christmas
Andreanne and I, doing a smile
Suzanne and Eva
The drunken, full up result of Christmas day
- James

No comments:

Post a Comment