Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Years


New Year - JDM Media
My actual New Years plans went bust this time around, so I ended up somewhere completely unexpected. 

Duck n' Balloons - JDM Media
I was supposed to have a photography gig. Pretty sweet right. I even prepared by practicing my shots in low light setting and figured it was time for an upgrade. A new lens and flash distributor later, I was ready to go out on new years and steal more souls than a ginger with a vengeance.

Slight deviation, yahoo answers told me the best way to steal souls is to buy the Samsung Soul Stealer.

Anyway, unexpected circumstances canceled my gig that would have otherwise propelled me to stardom and instead I ended up on someones roof in Melbourne.

Not a bad alternative, but I wasn't going to bring my camera if I didn't have a reason not to get drunk. By the time we'd reached the party, there was enough "piss" (as Cameron says. He pronounces it pess) in us to quench the thirst of a pirate ship (or an average Irish household).

So, all in all I remember 3 things about the night

1) The fireworks were amazing from the roof top. We got the best view, and for the 10 minutes that they went to sky was lit up all around us. Some people said they weren't that good, but they obviously hadn't drunk enough.

Other name for photo of same thing
2) At some point, before or after the clock struck twelve, I taught a group of Asians how to play Black Jack.  I really hope I haven't destroyed their culture by introducing gambling. We were only using nuts at the time, but who knows what that will gateway into.

3) Now this is the best thing about the night. Their was a couple who'd left their window open in the neighboring building a few stories down. Where most people spent their New Years out partying, they'd decided to spend the years climax climaxing. I mean, if that was how they did it on the Discovery Channel then every male aged 12 to 25 would be tuned in every time there was a doco about nothing but mammals.

We caught the last train home and managed to be back at the house by sunrise. So I grabbed my camera and went to take a few shots by the river. Although my sought-after party pictures were never taken, I thought this would suffice.

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment